Determining whether travel insurance is worth the investment is a personal decision based on how much you stand to lose on a trip from a cancellation, a travel delay or interruption, or a medical emergency while on your trip.
For senior adults, Travel Insurance should be considered especially if traveling out of the country. As you know, Medicare is not valid out of the US, except under very special and restrictive conditions. You may want to look at a variety of plans before choosing, especially if there are pre-existing medical conditions.
Reasons you may wish to consider travel insurance are:
- You need to cancel your trip
- You miss your connection or your flight is canceled
- A weather-related event damages your destination
- A terrorist event occurs
- You get sick or injured on or before your trip
- Your baggage is delayed or lost
- Your passport is lost
- You need an emergency medical evacuation (very important)
- Your travel company files bankruptcy
- You need emergency assistance services
Like with all insurances you hope you will never have to use it. Before purchasing travel insurance get advice from a qualified representative.
We just returned from our annual Tuacahn trip on June 22. 47 guests braved the heat to experience Cinderella & Matilda.
Thank you Melanie Housty for the photos!
“It’s the Experience”